Saturday, August 30, 2014

Square One: Purely Zentangle

Back in July Chris Titus and Jenny Perruzzi created a Facebook group called Square One: Purely Zentangle. Their idea is to go back to the basics of Zentangle with the act of focusing on the stoke of our pen on paper to create patterns. We are staying simple and pure with just black pens and grey pencil shading on a white 3.5" x 3.5" tile. A tangle is presented each week as a suggestion with the choice of using it as a monotangle or adding more tangles. The group has shared beautiful creations with stunning ideas and stories. Thank you Chris and Jenny, it's lovely to go back to the beginning, keep it simple with a bit of a tweak or tangleation.


cadent


twing
veridgogh
bronx cheeer





auraknot

9 comments:

  1. Indeed a great idea and your tiles are beautiful.
    I don't do facebook, but if I did I would certainly join!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tangles, love what you did with Cadent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. The back to basics has brought out a real elegance. The Cadent one reminds me of rumpled silk sheets, or deep canopies of blossom. I'm tempted to join the group and see where it takes me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love to see your art! You are so amazing Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele, we're so delighted to have you as a member of Square One. Your postings are a high point for me personally. Thanks so much for mentioning us here. I was so pleased to see this when I was introducing my sister to your work. She's a brand new tangler and I wanted to show her one of THE BEST in the Z world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh Chris, that's so lovely of you to say!! Thank you

      Delete